In order to access data from a variable or List Data Source via the API, the following information is required. It is also needed to write values to a list element or variable.
- Authentication: Basic Authentication
- BoxIP: IP of the Peakboard Box in the network, alternatively also DNS of the box is possible.
- PeakboardID: ID of the visualization, this can be found via the menu Button Settings (1). The ID (2) can then be copied from the corresponding field to the clipboard.
- ListName: Name of the list Data Source (3)
- VarName: Name of a variable
Here are two examples of reading and writing using the API.
The following GET can be used to read values from a List element:
The value of a variable can be read analogously, only the name of the variable must be transferred as datakey.
The following POST can be used to write values to a variable:
Similarly, values can be written to a list element by passing the name of the List element as datakey.